Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The one time I cried in public

I don't cry. I view it as a sign of weakness. There are some exceptions to the rule: passing of a family member or friend. Passing of a beloved dog. Getting kicked in the nuts, HARD.

There was this one time though..... I was going to watch a movie at AMC Kabuki in Japan-town.

The movie: Stuart Little.

My girlfriend at the time and I stood in line to see this movie. We were the only adults that were not accompanied by children. We had heard good things and decided it would be a welcome respite for the weekend.

While we were standing in line, I started to feel a little woozy. Slightly nauseous. I felt a little flush, but thought nothing of it since I normally run a little hot. During the movie, my symptoms got worse and I noticed that my forehead started to get very warm. Oh great, I'm getting sick. There was no way I was gonna go home half way through the movie and lose out on ticket money. So, I gutted it out and stayed.

I guess I started to get a little delirious because at one point during the movie, someone was making fun of Stuart Little and I started to cry...."why are they picking on him? what the fuck did he do to deserve that?" I quickly caught myself and thought, "holy shit, I am totally fucked up right now"

We went home and it turns out that I had the flu. It f'd me up for 2 days. I had a fever of 102 or something the night of the movie.

The girlfriend at the time laughed at me for crying during the movie, while I was sick as a dog lying in bed.

She got the flu right when my symptoms were gone.

I got the last laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment