Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I miss Berkeley....

Just this past Sunday (8/16/09) I was in Berkeley, walking along Telegraph Ave. I was very close to the Amoeba's. As I was on my leisurely stroll, enjoying the sun and cool weather, I happened upon the most random verbal exchange ever.

To my right, there was a homeless man. He was blind and had one of those "seeing" canes. He was standing in front of Amoeba's. To my left, there was another homeless man. He was not blind and he was sitting on a bench about 10 feet away from the blind guy. The following conversation happened, verbatim (the names are different to protect the innocent)

normal vision homeless guy: "hey, Joe!"

blind homeless guy: "huh? who is that?"

normal vision homeless guy: "It's Steve!!!"

blind homeless guy: "Steve?"

normal vision homeless guy: "Yeah, you know, the guy who helped you take a shit last night!"

Berkeley. Telegraph Ave. I miss college.

1 comment:

  1. At least he wasn't helping him perform random sexual favors

    ReplyDelete