Saturday, July 25, 2009

Gordo inspired blogging expedition

I'm new to this whole blogging thing. After reading some of Gordon's blog (brand spankin new intern at my company) I have decided that blogging may be a good thing to do. It's almost like a "dear diary" and in case I need to remember something important, all I have to do is come back and read.

So, what to write about on my maiden voyage of blogspace?

I guess I can talk about what I did today. I trained with my fellow powerlifters. I then went to see my chiropracter. When I came back home, I watched Step Brothers. Food was concomitantly consumed.

After the movie, a haircut was in order. And now, I'm blogging.

I know... pretty boring.

Ok, so I'll include a fairly interesting story of my most recent excursion to the land of heathens a.k.a Las Vegas.

Last Halloween several former co-workers, a current co-worker and I decided to take a weekend trip to Vegas. The former co-workers live in San Diego and currently go to either UCSD or Scripps for grad school. I know, poor souls. Well, this story begins at the airport. Dave (co-worker) and I booked flights on Virgin America. For those of you who don't know, Virgin America is located in the international terminal at SFO. This terminal is pretty nice. Dave also realized that upgrading to first class seats was only 40 bucks or so more. We booked them. Anyways, when we got to the airport, we had a few hours to kill (I believe our flight was delayed a bit) so, we decided to get a drink. Dave got a beer and I ordered a long island. The bartender returned with said beer and long island. This was no long island. It was some sort of mutant bastard, much like the Juggernaut, of which I could taste no coca cola. Needless to say, by the time I was done with the drink I was fairly buzzed. The bartender asked if I liked it. I replied, "hell yeah" and he followed up with "I call it....... the Jesus"

Anyways, I had another one about 5 minutes later and then got on the plane. Dave and I were pretty loud, but it was a flight to Las Vegas, so it was all good. We meet up with everyone at the hotel and we head out for a night of drinking, shit talking, and fun. Well, at least everyone else did... We decided to head to the Toby Keith bar. For a country bar it was pretty cool. Ok music and good, strong drinks. And this is where the story gets really interesting. At one point, I was sitting with my friends next to a table which had 4 patrons enjoying their beverages. These patrons left, so I decided to stretch out a bit and put my arm on their now vacant table. Some time goes by and I feel a slight pressure on my right arm. One of those patrons had returned (a nice grandmother looking lady probably in her 60s or so) and it was she who touched my arm. I immediately apologized for resting my arm on her table as I didn't notice her drink was still there and next to my arm. BUT, before I could move away, she grabbed my arm and yelled something in my ear. I asked her to repeat and this was what I heard, "Did you put any ecstasy in my drink?" I was absolutely stunned and managed to sputter something to the effect of "no way ma'am, I did not touch your drink in any way!" To which she replied, "awww, I was hoping that you did!"

Ok. So I was instantly like, what the fuck. I need to move. Well, I guess her old cougar senses were afire because she quickly wrapped her left arm around my shoulder and started caressing my side. She then proceeded to regale me with stories of her youth and how crack was the drug of choice during that time. Now, this is where I must tell you all that her husband was sitting next to her the whole time that she was rubbing my side, arm, and back. Where were my friends? Good question. Those motherfathers were watching, pointing, laughing and taking pictures the whole time. Not once did they offer to help usher me away from the attacks of the gmilf.

I eventually escaped her lecherous grasp and got another drink. The rest of the night was kind of a blur. I had yelled at some marines "HOO RAH MOTHERFUCKER!" I think my friends thought I was gonna fight one of them, but I'm pretty sure I was just being patriotic. We then left the bar to get back to our hotel. While walking through the lobby, someone came up from behind me and grabbed me around the waist. I thought it was one of my friends but when I turned around, I came face to face with a woman dressed as Pocohontas. There was a brief second of WTF? and then she kissed me. By the time I figured out what the hell was going on, she was gone.

The next morning, we all met up and talked about the occurrences of the night before. I asked everyone if the pocohontas girl was hot. Half said, "meh" the other half said, "she was not bad".

Oh well.

Ok, that's one story. I have a few others. I will post them at a later date.

Oh, I went to fenton's last night and had a vanilla sundae with cold caramel and whipped cream. I'm lactose intolerant. Yes, I have my own room and was alone last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment